If you can’t decide between Leadpages and ConvertKit, you are in the right place. Leadpages and ConvertKit are two popular tools available, but their intended audiences are quite different. Compare them side by side:
- Leadpages is a landing page and lead generation platform that offers features for creating high-converting landing pages, pop-ups, and alert bars. It is designed to help businesses capture leads and build email lists. Leadpages is suitable for businesses focused on lead generation and conversion optimization. However, it may not provide the same level of advanced email marketing automation features as ConvertKit.
- ConvertKit is an email marketing platform that caters to content creators, bloggers, and online businesses. It offers advanced features for email automation, audience segmentation, and customized email sequences. ConvertKit’s focus on empowering creators to build meaningful connections with their audience makes it suitable for businesses seeking advanced automation and personalized email marketing strategies. While both Leadpages and ConvertKit serve different purposes, ConvertKit’s specialization in email marketing and advanced automation features may make it a better choice for businesses seeking a comprehensive email marketing solution with a focus on content-driven strategies. Leadpages, on the other hand, is primarily focused on lead generation through landing pages and conversion optimization.
Main Differences Between Leadpages and ConvertKit
Leadpages and ConvertKit have different focuses. Leadpages is for creating landing pages and capturing leads, while ConvertKit offers email marketing and automation. Users’ priorities, whether lead generation or email marketing, will influence their choice.
Pricing of Leadpages and ConvertKit
Here are the pricing plans of Leadpages and ConvertKit:
Leadpages is a landing page and sales funnels platform that helps small businesses connect with an audience, collect leads, and close sales. Here is a summary of the pricing information for Leadpages:
- Standard Plan: $37 per month (or $27 per month when billed annually).
– Includes unlimited landing pages, pop-ups, alert bars, and more.
- Pro Plan: $79 per month (or $59 per month when billed annually).
– Includes all features of the Standard plan, plus additional features such as online sales and payments, SMS text campaigns, and more.
- Advanced Plan: $321 per month (or $239 per month when billed annually).
– Includes all features of the Pro plan, plus additional features such as 1-on-1 quick start call, advanced integrations, and more.
Leadpages offers a 14-day free trial for users to test out the platform before committing to a paid plan.
- ConvertKit offers a free plan for managing up to 1,000 subscribers, which includes unlimited landing pages and opt-in forms.
- The paid plans start at $9 per month for up to 300 subscribers and go up to $679 per month for up to 100,000 subscribers.
- The Creator plan, which includes automated email sequences and visual automation funnels, starts at $29 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
- The Creator Pro plan, which includes advanced reporting and integrations, starts at $59 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
ConvertKit also offers a 14-day free trial of the Creator plan.
My experience with Leadpages and ConvertKit
After using and testing Leadpages and ConvertKit, this is what I liked and didn’t like about both platforms:
Leadpages is all about simplifying landing page and lead generation. The ready-to-use templates make it quick to create high-converting landing pages without needing design skills. The A/B testing feature is fantastic for optimizing your pages based on performance. Additionally, Leadpages integrates well with various email marketing platforms, streamlining your lead generation process. On the downside, while Leadpages is great for landing pages, it might not cover all your marketing automation needs. If you’re looking for a broader marketing solution, you might need additional tools. Just be mindful of the subscription costs as your business grows and you require more advanced features.
ConvertKit is a popular email marketing platform known for its simplicity and focus on automation. It offers tools for creating and sending targeted email campaigns, segmenting your audience, and automating various marketing processes. Moreover, ConvertKit’s visual automation builder makes it easy to set up complex workflows without coding. However, ConvertKit’s primary focus is on email marketing and automation rather than creating sales funnels or extensive e-commerce features. If you need specialized sales funnel capabilities, you might need to integrate with other tools. Keep in mind that ConvertKit’s pricing is based on the number of subscribers you have, so choose a plan that aligns with your audience size.
After analyzing both Leadpages and ConvertKit, we concluded that there is no clear winner because they are way too different tools to be compared. If you need a landing page builder, Leadpages is the best option, and if you need an email marketing tool, then Convertkit is the choice.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that the other choice is particularly bad. Some cases could even be the other way around, depending on your specific needs.